Other Patient Safety Organizations and Institutions
- Josie King Foundation
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Consumers Advancing Patient Safety
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- Academic Center for Evidence-Based Practice
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation
- Empowered Patient Coalition
Drug Information Websites
If you are concerned with a particular medication these are good resources to look up side-effects, proper dosages and usages.
Websites where you can get reviews to possibly help you make an informed choice when searching for a hospital or doctor.
Useful Tools and Articles
A list of other interesting articles to read and useful tools that can help prepare you and your family for their hospital stay. Knowledge is the key.
- A Basic Hospital To-Do List Saves Lives
- Questions are the Answer
- Before Code Blue – Who’s Minding the Patient
- Doctor Leads Quest for Safer Ways to Care for Patient
- Patient Safety in the Hospital
- Medication Safety Alert
- Post-Operative Opioid Need System-Wide Overhaul
- Proper Care and Storage of Medication – Thank you, Jessica, for the great link!
This riveting, true narrative of heart-wrenching events shares the terrifying experiences of parents saving their son’s life from an aggressive brain tumor. Not only was the tumor itself life-threatening, but ordinary hospital procedures put their child’s life in extreme danger. The reality is that this could happen to any family.